We are looking for at least one trainee pump engineer to join our team of field service pump engineers. The role would be perfect for someone driven looking to change career. Candidates should have an interest or background in either electrical or mechanical engineering.
You will be trained to work on a range of pumping systems, including centrifugal pumps, booster sets, pressurisation units, controllers, inverters, and fire pumps, including diesel engines.
This role will be covering London and its surrounding counties, so easy access to the M25 would be beneficial. The ideal location for the trainee pump engineer would be within one hour of London and one and half hours from our workshop at Chatham’s dockyard.
- Working with clean and dirty water pumps, booster sets, pressurisation units, inverters, fire pumps, covering HVAC building services and wastewater industries
- Advise line manager and scheduling department if you will have a problem getting to an allocated job
- Carry out risk assessments on jobs as required and raise any concerns with line manager
- Routine maintenance and repairs of existing equipment
- Setting up and commissioning of new equipment
- Provide feedback on parts used in line with procedures to complete a task
- Liaise with customers on site
- Days working from our workshop in Chatham’s dockyard
- Interest or experience in either electrical or mechanical disciplines
- Ability to problem solve and be proactive team member
- Full UK driving licence
- Basic salary £20K-25K, depending on experience
- Regular overtime
- Van, tools, work clothing and PPE is provided
- Industry related college courses and qualifications
- Starting at 25 days holiday
- Extra day off for birthday
- Pension scheme
- Health insurance
- Cycle scheme
Send your application
Interested candidates should send an email including their CV and a little about themselves to firstname.lastname@example.org.